Monday, February 15, 2010

Vday Update

The day started ordinarily enough… we went to brunch (which we do religiously every weekend morning/afternoon-ish), we nursed our hangovers, and once we got to feeling normal again, we played some tennis.

I will preface by saying that the hub and I are not fans of going out to dinner on Valentine’s Day. We don’t so much enjoy the fixed menus and couple-y type meals that tend to plague restaurants on the actual Vday. We tried this once at our favorite restaurant and the food was not nearly as yummy as it usually is... BUT Mr. Rabbit took extra care to make it a special evening at home.

He began by preparing a lovely little bubble bath for me while he made dinner, complete with wine and a wonderful cheese plate. He cooked steak with baked potatoes and lemon broccoli, which we enjoyed with bubbly and of course, a little romantic candlelight. He sent me flowers (from an actual florist this time)! Hooray! He made brownies and bought me chocolate covered strawberries. Double hooray! He ordered the Blu Ray DVD of Pride and Prejudice (my fave movie of all time which just happened to be recently released on Blu Ray) and then even had the patience to watch it with me! This last bit may not seem all that impressive to the average bear, but he has seen this movie no less than 15 times. Of course, I have also watched The Dark Knight with him around the same number of times… so we may be even on that front.

All in all, a great day spent with a great guy.

P.S. – For all two of our followers, he didn’t leave empty handed. I promise!

P.S.S – Anyone needing a good chocolate fix, please come by and pry these brownies out of my hands… I do not need an entire pan of brownies sitting around, beckoning me to devour them.

No comments:

Post a Comment